On Friday, March 20, 2020, Governor Andy Beshear spoke with Kentucky school superintendents across the Commonwealth and requested that all schools continue to be closed through April 17, 2020 to prevent further spread of COVID-19. Classes may resume April 20, 2020.
Additional information about NTI student learning packets will be communicated at a later date.
Please continue to follow the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on the best ways to combat the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds (the length of time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice.) If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or with a tissue. (Make sure to properly dispose the tissue after use.)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
For more information about COVID-19, click HERE for the Center for Disease Control or click HERE for the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services.
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, the faculty and staff of the Rowan County School System greatly appreciates the continued support of the Rowan County community.