The Rowan County School District holds the health and well-being of its students and staff as a top priority. With that in mind, it is important to note that we are taking all precautionary steps to prevent any possible outbreak of the novel (new) Coronavirus-19 (COVID-19.)
We are committed to keeping you up-to-date on any developments related to COVID-19 in our community. We remain in close collaboration with the Gateway District Health Department, the mayor’s office and the office of the Rowan County Judge-Executive to ensure a unified response to this public health issue.
Please continue to follow the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on the best ways to combat the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds (the length of time it takes to sing Happy Birthday twice.) If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or with a tissue. (Make sure to properly dispose the tissue after use.)
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
The Rowan County School District will continue to work with health authorities at the local, state and federal levels. If you have further questions concerning COVID-19, you may click HERE for updates from the Center for Disease Control or call them at 1-800-232-4636.
For updates as to how Kentucky is dealing with COVID-19, click HERE to get daily information from the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services or call their Hotline at 1-800-722-5725.
Your continued support in this rapidly evolving situation is greatly appreciated. We will continue to keep you posted with updates through our School Messenger all-call service and through updated messages on our website. The most important thing we can do is to remain calm and take the necessary and measured steps to keep our community safe and healthy.
Rowan County Schools