When is sick TOO sick for school?
Here are some quick tips:
Send me to school IF:
- I have a runny nose or just a little cough, but no other symptoms.
- I haven't taken any fever reducing medicine for 24 hours, and I haven't had a fever during that time.
- I haven't thrown up or had any diarrhea for 24 hours.
Keep me at home IF:
- I have a temperature higher than 100 degrees even after taking medicine.
- I'm throwing up or have diarrhea.
- My eyes are pink and crusty.
Call the doctor IF:
- I have a temperature higher than 100 degrees for more than two days.
- I've been throwing up or have diarrhea for more than two days.
- I've had the sniffles for more than a week, and they aren't getting better.
- I still have asthma symptoms after using my asthma medicine (and call 911 if I'm having trouble breathing after using an inhaler.)