The Rowan County Senior High School established the Alumni Hall of Fame to recognize and honor alumni who bring the highest distinction to themselves, their community, and serve as a role model for the students at RCSHS. Candidates must exemplify the qualities of irreproachable character and outstanding citizenship. Candidates’ achievements will be weighed by a selection committee, which will consider favorably those whose achievements bring the greatest honor to Rowan County Senior High School.
Click for a copy of the nomination form.
Nomination and Selection Process
· Nominations must be submitted prior to January 18th, 2017 to be considered for that year’s induction. Late applications will not be considered until the following year.
· Nominations which are not selected will be held over for consideration another year.
· Any faculty, alumni, or other interested person may submit a candidate for consideration.
· Once an application is submitted, it will not be returned.
· The selection committee will induct at most five candidates per year.
· All nominees must have attended or must have been employed at, RCSHS for a minimum of one year.
· Recipients (or family member if deceased) must be available to receive their award at the designated ceremony.
· A complete nomination form must be submitted (required).
· A brief biological overview of nominee may be included (up to 2 pages).
· Support materials, including copies of newspaper articles, etc. may also be included (optional).