The mission of the Rowan County Educational Foundation is to provide funds to students in need of financial support, faculty, and employees of Rowan County Schools for the creation and participation in enrichment programs.
Eligibility: Any school, teacher(s), administrator(s), or teacher sponsored student in need of financial support with the Rowan County School District. A maximum amount of each grant is $500.
Grants cannot be used to pay for:
1. Major equipment purchase
2. Replacement of public funds
3. Compensation of public school teachers or staff
4. Projects which could be accomplished with existing funds
Since the funds of the foundation are limited, our philosophy is to use grant money where it will make the biggest impact for the biggest number of students. The committee will give priority consideration to grants which:
1. Support experiences in the arts and humanities
2. Provide enrichment experiences which impact the largest numbers of students
1. Application forms are available on the district website and each school website.
2. Applications must be submitted to the Rowan County Educational Foundation at the Rowan County board of education offices.
3. Applicants for collaborative projects should designate one teacher or administrator to be the project leader. This designated person will receive all project communications.
4. Those submitting applications will be informed of the Foundation’s decision in a timely manner.
5. Each application must be reviewed and signed by the school administrator or superintendent before submission.
1. Purchase orders will be used for all expenditures and will be paid upon receipt of the original receipts and invoices.
2. A final report along with all receipts is to be submitted to the Rowan County Educational Foundation no later than 30 days after the completion of the project.
3. Grants are not transferable to other teachers, administrators, or students.
for a copy of the grant application. Applications are reviewed by the Rowan County Educational Foundation Board of Trustees.