A Note from Mrs. Banks
It has been a very busy beginning of the month at McBrayer. On Sept. 15 We celebrated High Attendance Day. Our goal was to try and beat our 95% goal that we try to reach each month. We did not beat our goal but we were able to match it. We had several rooms with perfect attendance on this day. Congratulations to Mrs. Brock’s class, Mrs. N. Brown’s room, Mrs. King’s room, and Mrs. Jones room. Mrs. Reilly’s class received a book from the book fair for having perfect attendance. We also had 5 students who won book fair bucks. I’m very proud of our students who are at school every day. In order to learn they must be at school as much as possible. We ask that our parents help us to meet our goal each month by encouraging your child to stay healthy, get plenty of rest and only miss when it is absolutely necessary.
We are also very proud of our students and how hard they have worked on their Fall MAP testing. Teachers will be working with each individual student to set a goal for themselves for their Winter MAP testing sessions (Jan.). I am sure our students and teachers will accept the challenge and will work hard to meet their goals.
Important Dates To Remember
Oct. 6 SBDM Mtg. 4:15 Library
Oct. 7 PTO Silent Auction 5:30-7:30
Oct. 12 9 weeks ends
Oct. 13-14 No School
Oct. 19 School Board Mtg. 5:30 Bd. Office
Oct.20 Report Cards will be sent home
OCT. 25 ELL Parent Night- RC Public Library 6:00-7:30
Nov. 2 SBDM Mtg. 4:15 Library
Nov. 3 Cavani String Quartet to Visit School
1. Remember to save BoxTops. Send to school in a ziplog baggie with students name and homeroom marked on them, turn into homeroom or the office. The money earned from box tops will go toward playground Needs. If you have questions contact Stephanie Hamilton- Boxtop Coordinator.
News from the PTO
The PTO would like to thank the Family Resource Center for all of the time and effort they contributed to our first after school enrichment program. It was very successful with 89 students participating. Students listened to stories from Paul Brett Johnson and performances by local Speech team members. November 16th will be the next early dismissal. Math will be the focus for this session. More details will come home with your student soon.
PTO is asking for help with the Silent Auction. Here are ways that Parents may want to help out:
- We are asking that each grade level donate certain items to help with the kitchen items for the dinner that evening.
Kindergarten -- donations of paper plates, bowls, napkins and spoons.
1st grade -- snack size chips
2nd grade -- individual wrapped desserts (brownies, rice krispie treats, fudge, cookies, etc)
3rd grade -- individual wrapped desserts
4th grade -- 12 packs of soda, water or juice boxes
5th grade -- 12 packs of soda, water or juice boxes kid
- We need:
* friendly items for tickets (lego, footballs, Webkinz, art kits, Barbies, board games, etc)
* gift cards from Morehead businesses for tickets (gas cards, restaurants, groceries, etc.
* up to $10 monetary donation.
- We need cakes for the Cake Walk.
- Finally, we need VOLUNTEERS for the night. Any amount of time you can give us, we will take. You can help with the following:
-- set up and clean up
-- sell tickets
-- work in the kitchen
-- help with the booths
PTO will also have McBrayer Elementary T-Shirts for sale at the Silent Auction.
President Kelly Fleck
Vice President Kelly Goldy
Secretary Marsha Simpson
Treasurer Melissa Caudill
PTO Mission Statement: to aid students of McBrayer Elementary School by providing support for their educational and recreational needs and to promote open communication among the administration, teachers and parents.