Teacher: Ms. Brittany Stacy
Classroom: Performance Arts Center Classroom
Purpose and Concepts
This course is designed to assist the student in becoming a successful high school student. The student will learn about themselves and how to set their own goals and to understand their perceptions and ideas.
Assignments and Activities
Students will follow directions daily; will take part in exercises that will help them to become a successful student and peer to others. Group activities and individual assignments will be a part of our daily schedule.
All major submitted assignments will be typed, double-spaced.
Major assignments will be stapled in the requested order with a cover page that includes student name, title of the assignment and the date.
1. Students will speak confidently in and before groups.
2. Students will learn tools to help them be successful.
3. Students will recognize barriers that may keep them from becoming successful.
4. Students will learn note taking and studying strategies.
5. Students will understand community and culture in a high school setting.
6. Students will learn to reflect on themselves as well as others around them.
7. Students will have a strong understanding of the high school experience and will have an open forum to discuss questions and concerns.