For those parents who still need to enroll their child in kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year, a make-up date has been set. Registration will be held on Friday, July 21, 2017 at the Rowan County Preschool Center at 455 W. Sun Street from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Boys or girls whose 5th birthday falls on or before August 1, 2017 are eligible for kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year. On the day of registration, parents may bring in any of the following documentation:
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or other reliable proof
- The child’s current Kentucky immunization certificate
- Physical exam report (This must have been completed not more than 1 year ago.)
- Eye exam report (Must be completed by either an Optometrist or an Opthamologist.)
- Dental exam report (Must be completed no later than January 1, 2017.)
The forms for the required physical exam report, eye exam report and dental exam report are on the Rowan County Schools website, at http://www.rowan.k12.ky.us/FormsLinks.aspx.
For more information about kindergarten registration, please call Renee Smith at 784-8928 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org